- We have begun to recommend to most of our clients that they start blogs. They can serve many valuable purposes for a company that wants to communicate clearly with its constituencies;
- The value of most blogs is to have a simple place to share a point of view and insights;
- Most of us won't become famous with a blog (though we did find that marketing our blog had some benefit. Moreover, we followed our own advice a time or two and were provocative and picked on big guys. It helped.);
- We have found that our blog serves its best purpose as a "living brochure." That is, for visitors to our site, it gives a real opportunity to understand at a deeper level who we are and what we stand for. Our blog has definitely helped prospective clients get a feel for Roeder-Johnson;
- This means that a blog should definitely represent a viewpoint and have specific goals. Even if the style is rambling; the objective shouldn't be;
- Blogs may or may not be a part of the PR mix of a company; they definitely are part of the marketing and strategic communications.
If you have thoughts you want to add or debates about any of these points, please share them.